Saturday, June 15, 2019

Aleah and Kenzie - Day 3

I think I wore the girls out as they both slept in!!  Aleah is usually up very early but not today!!  We had no plans but to hang out at the house all day before we had to deliver them to Denver that night!

Papa took them for a ride in our new Razor - gosh, I haven't even ridden in it yet!!


The girls helped me with a little project I wanted to do - Glenn and I both picked up a LOT of sea glass while we were in Mexico and I wanted to display it in little bottles!  When I went to Hobby Lobby, I picked up 2 small glass bottles and 1 very small one!  I then strung tiny lights attached to a cork type stopper in the 2 bigger bottles.  The girls' job was to pick out the small glass and put them in the bottles.


We had a lot more larger pieces than smaller so then took several out and the girls got to hammer on the glass to shatter it into smaller pieces.  The bottles turned out cute as ever!!  (but I forgot to take a picture of them!)


Glenn was out working in his garden when the girls went out to pick up pine cones!


The girls picked up 2 garbage sacks full - hooray for great work ethics!!


Hot tub time - one of their favorite things to do - and they stay in FOREVER!!


The other project I had lined up was hot gluing shells to shadow boxes I had also bought at Hobby Lobby!  I had quite a few shells from this year in Mexico and another small container from prior years there.  The girls had fun picking out their shells and gluing them on!



And since it was nice out, the girls spent a lot of time outside!  Freddy the Frog was hidden a couple of more times and the girls spent more time on the swing!


We had a an early dinner and then packed the car and headed to Denver!  It was an awesome time with the girls - they're SO easy to care for and we really did some fun things this year!


2 comments:

Teri said...

That all looks like so much fun!

Jill said...

Thanks Nana! Aleah LOVES girls weekend!