Monday, June 10, 2019

Day 2 With The Grand Daughters

Except for Aleahs' cough, the girls slept great!!  (I thought I heard footsteps in the kitchen about 10:30pm but then it was silent - only to be scared out of my wits when Aleah is standing right beside my bed and says she needs something for her cough!!!)

Pancakes were on the agenda for breakfast and then they were out the door looking for Freddy!!  It was nice and sunny so it was coffee for me on the deck - hot chocolate with LOTS of whip cream and marshmallows for the girls!


Did I mention I also picked up cookie dough at Papa Murphy's?  Apparently the girls love it just as much as I do - we ate the entire carton in 2 days!!


After an early lunch, we headed into a new business in town called Heavenly Slime - both girls LOVE slime and Kenzie is somewhat a master at making it - when I told them I was taking them here they were both extremely excited!!  It's a really cool place with so many other crafts that you can do!  

The girls decided to make "cloud slime" and picked out their color, glitter and fragrance and proceeded to stir away!


It was really fun to sit and watch the process of making it - after awhile, it was processed enough to handle it!


They loved the "cloud" effect and played and played with it!  I'm not sure I quite understand the handling of the slime but they both just love to sit and knead it and play with it!!  As you can see, they were all smiles!


Next up was swimming at the pool - I brought my Kindle and relaxed in a lounge chair while they swam - they are both great swimmers so I never have to worry about them, even though there are lifeguards!


They both passed the swimming test so they could jump off the high dive board and of course they enjoyed using the slide!


Back home, the girls played outside and we played our favorite card game, Skyjo!

It was pizza for dinner that evening and I think we were ALL pretty tired at the end of the day!!

Day 2 - A SUPER Success!

2 comments:

Teri said...

You find the funnest things for them to do!

Jill said...

The slime is pretty cool! Aleah plays with it all the time!