Wednesday, January 22, 2020

January Fun

It seems like the ONLY thing I hear Glenn talk about lately is ice fishing - is a particular lake froze over, what's the wind like, how many did someone catch, when can we go ice fishing, etc etc etc.

After planning another trip to Eagles Nest with a friend that didn't work out due to weather, he decided that him and Gary would head to Wyoming to fish Glendo!  And several plans later, it was FINALLY organized!!

I had a homeowners association meeting last Thursday night that I had to attend - and since he and Gary were planning on leaving VERY early Friday morning, he decided to drive to Denver in the dark.  We rarely do this as neither of us is comfortable driving at night!!  But he did great and we made it up there with hardly any traffic which was nice - but of course lots of construction!

The guys got up pretty early on Friday and headed out!!  Because they took Jessi's car, I had our car so was free to pick up Gwyn from preschool that day and spend the afternoon with her!  It was "cowboy" day at her school and she looked so cute!!


I think the dominoes is her favorite thing to play with me - only we don't play the game - we spread the tiles out for "paths" and divide up the trains and then pretend the trains are doing different activities in different areas of the tiles!!  Creative play at its' best!!


Kids and their phones - drives me crazy but not much I can do about it - ha!


BOTH Saturday and Sunday morning Jessi and I went out for coffee!!!  WOW - that's got to be a record!!  We found a new place which isn't too far away - great coffee and a cute place to sit and talk!!  We picked up the kids after Saturday coffee and did some shopping - this must be at Lowe's!!


The guys ended up coming home late Saturday night instead of Sunday - cold, blowing weather and the fishing was just OK!!  Oh well.........  Gwyn and Kenzie had Awanas Sunday afternoon and Gwyn got another patch for her vest!!  She was pretty excited about it!!


I took the kids out for ice cream for their Valentine's Day gift - DQ is always good except I ordered a berry harvest blizzard and it was AWFUL!!!  They then made me my usual - strawberry and banana!!  So much for trying new flavors!!!


Gary and Glenn ended up taking out the tile in their entryway from the garage and the main level bath!  Next up will be new tile, toilet and vanity with a sink!!  Which  means heading back up there before we head to Mexico!!  Glenn MIGHT get to ice fish at Aurora if the water would just freeze and I'll be able to get one last adjustment from Jessi before we head south!! 

2 comments:

Teri said...

Great way to spend the weekend! But ice cream in the winter????

Jill said...

Gwyn takes the cutest pictures!