Monday, September 28, 2020

Oh Those Beautiful Aspens

 Our next day riding was wonderful!  Glenn did have to change the tire in the morning so we didn't get an early start but that was OK since it was plenty cool out!  I enjoyed my coffee in the sun while he worked!  Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

I had noticed the night before when I went to do the dishes after dinner that the faucet was sputtering like there was air in the pipes - we soon discovered the reason - the tank was dry - no water!  Glenn had decided not to completely fill it since we usually ended up dumping most of it out after our camping trips and I guess he thought he had put enough in - NOT!!  Besides flushing the stool, I had only done dishes a couple of times!!  Oh well - we're camping - dishes can wait till we get back home!  We did have plenty of drinking water so we used that when we needed it!

Today we were heading up Marshall Pass and then on to Sargents - one of my favorite places to take aspen pictures!

On top of Marshall Pass is O'Haver Lake - Glenn said he would like to camp there one day in the campground so I suggested we stop there on the way back - only we took a different route so didn't come back by it.....


We found plenty of color, although there were just as many patches of aspen that looked awful - I'm sure the freeze got them as the leaves were brown and falling off!  


We went to my "favorite" spot to camp when we had the pickup camper - the 5th wheel doesn't work to get back in here but it's always fun to stop and see the site - there are aspens surrounding this campsite and it's gorgeous!! 


As we climbed higher and higher, this view was magnificent!


I had told Glenn I wanted to eat lunch at the spot where I always take a lot of my aspen pictures - so he made it work!  But how disappointing when we got there and saw the leaves were NOT spectacular at all - the freeze must have got them - oh well - we did have a nice lunch there!


One more awesome picture before we head back to camp!


Glenn went in to take a nap in the bedroom and I always lie on the couch and read - imagine my surprise when I looked up and saw a chipmunk looking at me from below the TV where Glenn had pulled out the radio set which had issues!!  Immediately the chipmunk went back behind the console!  I told Glenn about it and he really thought it was just one that had come in after we parked there.  But then during dinner, Glenn noticed a MOUSE running on top of the counter!!  YIKES!!!  We'd had mice in there before but Glenn thought he had caught them all!!  DARN!!!  Sure enough when I checked the oven where I keep the chips and bread, something had chewed into the hamburger buns!!

I was paranoid that the mouse was going to come up into the bedroom (even though it's a step up into it) so I opted to read in bed that night and Glenn rigged up magazines with duct tape to strap to the bottom of the slider door that closes the bedroom from the other part of the 5th wheel!!  I knew I'd never sleep good thinking a mouse could climb up in bed!!

We headed home the next morning with lots of dirty dishes to put in the dishwasher!!  And Glenn set up a trap and caught a mouse that night!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! Those pictures are amazing!

Teri said...

Beautiful color. Glad you caught the mouse - I hate those things!!