Friday, May 14, 2021

Mothers Day

 What an honor it is being a mother to the best 3 daughters in the world!  I don't always get to spend the actual day with all of them but I know they're thinking of me!

Jaime had actually brought me an "extra" Mothers Day gift a week before the day - she knows how much I  LOVE coffee and gnomes and here is the result!


They look darling included in the coffee display on top of the refrigerator!

I had decided I wanted chocolate covered strawberries for Mother's Day so that's what I made, with even a few chocolate covered banana slices!


Jaime had told me she was coming over for coffee on Mother's Day, but then later invited us over for steak and shrimp dinner so figured she wasn't coming for coffee!!  But she texted that morning saying she WAS still coming for coffee!!  I was totally surprised when she walked in with a cup of my favorite special coffee from Human Bean in town, along with caramels, cookies and cinnamon rolls!!  Talk about sugar overload!!!!  It was way too cold to sit outside so we enjoyed our coffee inside!

Later that afternoon we headed to Jaime's - the kids came up too so it was fun to see them!  Kylan had taken a ball to the face on Saturday during his soccer game so was recovering from a concussion, hence the sunglasses!


And did I remember to take a picture of Jaime and I, or our fabulous meal or anything else???  Nope - I took a picture of all the dogs lined up on their beds!!!  HA!


We had an excellent meal and enjoyed visiting with everyone - what a special Mother's Day!


3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Mother's Day to the best Mom ever!

Teri said...

How nice! What a great day!!

DrKeppy said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm so glad you got to spend it with Jaime! Cutest gnomes ever!