Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Wild Horses and Wine Tasting

 Thursday morning found us walking the cemetery again before we headed to the grocery store!  I wanted another coffee from Moka's so we went through the drive in and I got my coffee fix!

Today we headed to Lindsborg, which is a small Swedish settled town with the cutest herd of Wild Dala Horses!  They're a Swedish handicraft item and the main street of town has these charming wooden tailless horses!  Early Swedish loggers would whittle tiny Dala horses for their kids during the long winters!

Joleen and I walked the streets of downtown so we could see several of them - they were sure cute!





We went into an amazing Swedish gift store - gosh they had cute things!  And then took a quick walk on a trail - this bridge is lit up at night and would have been fun to see then!


We headed back to Salina and went to the Smoky Hill Vineyard and Winery!   Our host was a wonderful gal who was fun to visit with!  I like the sweet wines and Joleen likes the drier wines so we both had our own selection!  I ended up buying a bottle of the River Valley Red!


After a couple of errands, we headed home - took another walk - ate a delicious dinner - and then watched a movie with some popcorn!

I headed out early Friday morning for my journey back home!  What a wonderful trip to see Jo and experience "Kansas".


2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Jill said...

So glad you went and it looks like you had a great time!