Wednesday, August 2, 2023

July Photo Dump

 It's August - and I am MORE than ready for the tourists to GO HOME!  Oh my gosh, the traffic is insane these days - and it doesn't help that there are 2 road construction projects going on between Divide and Florissant - luckily just one of them affects us, but it's one way traffic so ultimately you end up in line! And many times, the traffic is backed up where we get on and off the highway so you have to wait until the traffic goes by unless some kind soul lets you through!

The ENTIRE highway is going to be shut down this Thursday, Friday, and next Monday, Tueday and Wednesday with highway traffic being diverted to Jaime's road to get home, Twin Rocks!  I just smile because those are the EXACT days that we will be in Iowa so we won't have to deal with it - HOORAY!

Just a cool picture of a cloud within a cloud!


I spent many days typing the 98 bills for the homeowners association - and then the folding and stamping and all that stuff!   A great job to be done - now I'm busy picking up the checks from the PO box and updating records!


We went to a birthday party one evening in town and these were the desserts being served - yum!


My long time great friend Jo sent a package to me right around my birthday - oh gosh, what a surprise when I opened it and found this DARLING apron that she had sewed - and the pattern on the material is COFFEE - how perfect!   I just had to model it and send her a picture!


Along with the apron were a table runner, short runner and hot pads - a perfect gift that I already use often!


After I found out Jessi didn't have the game Sorry, I ordered it on Amazon and it was delivered the next day!  (Now that's service!  Ours always takes 4 to 5 days)   She LOVED it!


My friend Amy from Kansas has retired and just moved to Co. Springs - she was thrilled to find out that I enjoy musicals, plays and concerts so even though she's only been here a week, we got tickets to see Footloose! The great part was her apartment is right across the street from the Fine Arts Center!  It was performed by the Jr. Theater so probably a lot of high schoolers but it was well done and we loved hearing all those great songs!



Along with sheetrocking the shop, another friend told Glenn that he could get FREE crushed up asphalt from the dept of transporation that is redoing the highway to Co. Springs - he just had to haul it!  So 7 loads later, he is finally done!  He used a dump trailer and then packed it down with his skidster - it's great to walk on now and he had enough to put down in front of the shop and also the garage!  WOW!  I was impressed!

And that's a wrap for July!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Love that you have a friend to go to shows with! Love your birthday present - how cute. And how in the world does Glenn always find the best deals!!!

DrKeppy said...

Oh lots of good stuff! Gwyn sure loves beating me at Sorry! Love the gifts Jo made you!

Jill said...

A fun, busy month! The driveway looks great!