Thursday, August 31, 2023

The PERFECT Camping Trip

 There's 3 things I always want when we go camping but I rarely get all 3 of them and usually it's just one - I love to camp among the trees (aspens or pines), near a creek or water, and to see a moose in the wild!  That's all I ask!

We almost ALWAYS get to camp in the trees since we wilderness camp but not always by a stream - and we are always on the lookout for moose!!!  Well this trip proved AWESOME for the moose!

Glenn and I headed towards Poncha Pass which only takes a couple of hours so that's nice!  I have a favorite spot over there now since we found it last year but unfortunately it was already taken - our next choice had a ranchers' skidster sitting there so that one was out!  SO we pulled back up on the main road and unloaded the razor to drive around and find a spot - and we DID find a really nice one!!  High enough that we even had cell service which is nice!!

What a beautiful evening - nice and cool with a warm fire!


This teepee like structure was on the other side of our toy hauler!  


And check out the inside!  Cute as can be!


Not much of a sunset but it did get better!


There were a few pink clouds but it was hazy from smoke!


We headed out the next morning - the mountains were pretty and we had a great ride!


We met some people on top of Marshall Pass and visited with them for a while - then headed down the road where we could see a couple of atvs stopped - and guess what??  MOOSE!!!  BULL MOOSE!!  And there were TWO  of them!!  OH my gosh - I was SO excited!!!


We stood and watched them for quite a while and then went back a mile or so to tell the people we had just met to come down and see them - we were both taking lots of pictures!


O'Haver Lake on the way back to our campsite - there were several paddle boarders out there!


It was pretty windy that evening so didn't make a fire - we headed out the next morning for a couple of hours ride - stopped by a stream and I was down by the willows and heard sounds - sure enough, this yearling moose stepped out of the willows!!!!  OH MY GOSH!  I was thrilled I got to see another one and a young one at that!


One last picture by a stream - I'm usually behind the phone camera documenting everything so decided to have Glenn take my picture!

SO a great camping trip - and now soon into SEPTEMBER - my all time favorite month AND my favorite time to camp and see the leaves!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

YAY!!!! I am so jealous you got to see moose!! BUt so excited for you!!! SO awesome!

Jill said...

How cool to see 3 of them in one trip!

Teri said...

What a great camping trip!!