Thursday, September 5, 2024

The River House

 Teri and Jay own 2 homes - one in the city of Grand Rapids and one outside of Baldwin which sits on a stream.  They have done so much work on the inside of the GR house and it's so lovely inside - I especially loved their wine bar and their coffee bar!

We headed out to their river house on Wednesday afternoon - it's a nice drive there and their 6 acres plus their house is so nice!  They have again done a lot of work around their acreage and also to the house so it was fun to see everything that has kept them so busy this last year!

This picture shows a lot of their property and the house in the distance!


Jay had found a car that he had always wanted so he took me for a ride - it was LOUD!   But fun to ride in!


We had a fantastic dinner prepared by Jay - I'm not sure what it's called but it was chicken and a sauce which had tomatoes and mushrooms in it over pasta and it was excellent!!  Later that evening Patty was so impressed when she found out Jay had made tiramisu!!  (And I was impressed that Teri had made me a rhubarb cake that we had been eating on at the GR house!!)


We drove into Baldwin the next day so I could take this picture of the fish statue!


Teri made me special coffee!!  Patty was NOT feeling well at all on Thursday and Friday so she slept a lot while Teri and I talked and talked and did some reading!


Teri and Jay have put out many bird feeders and it was so fun to watch the different birds come in to eat!  


We sure enjoyed staying at the river house!


No comments: