Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's a "Packing" Weekend

I can't believe it's already Sunday late afternoon and the weekend is ALMOST gone! Maybe we should go to a 3 day weekend - surely THEN I could get everything done that I need to do!

Jessi and the kiddos were waiting at our house when I got there and not far behind were Jaime, Brad and the kids - yes, a full house for the night! Papa Murphy's Pizza was on the menu along with some peach dacquiris so we had a fun evening!!
Mackenzie is smiling and growing like a weed!!



I love this photo of the 3 kids watching the little TV in the kitchen! Kylan isn't very happy with what he's watching but the other 2 are GLUED to whatever is on!


Today is Sunday and it's packing day - we're leaving on vacation Friday morning so today was the best day to get everything laid out and ready to pack on Wed. night since we head to Denver after work on Thursday!

WHY OH WHY does it take SO LONG to pack? Gosh, you would think you could just throw a swimsuit and some shorts and tops into the bag and you're ready to go - nope, doesn't happen that way!! First of all, I have to try everything on (just to make sure it STILL fits!) And to color coordinate the outfits! And then if it's chilly, you must have something long-sleeved and of course you need different sandles for different outfits - the list is endless!!

Now the guys have it easy - throw in a pair of jeans, 3 pairs of shorts, a shirt for each day and a pair of sandles and you're done! And guys don't have to try everything on either because if it doesn't fit quite right NOBODY NOTICES!!!

SO I've spent the entire afternoon wading through the summer clothes and picking out what I want to take, redoing my makeup bag, picking out my books to read on vacation, and packing the appropriate passports, maps, paperwork, etc.
I'm done for the day - all this ahead of time packing has exhausted me!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

You are a little ahead of me. I have tried packing once and now have to try a new suitcase that is a little larger but still carry on size. What a great send off to have the little ones visiting. I get so envious!