Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just Plain WEIRD!

This is one of those "stranger than fiction" stories!

When our friends were over the other night and we decided to play the quarter game, I went into Glenn's office where he keeps a large, heavy glass jug that he uses to put his change in! Whenever we need change for the car wash or the tolls up in Denver, we dump some change out on the floor and get what we need!

So as I'm dumping some change out of the small hole at the top, I notice something that is NOT a coin - of course I didn't have my glasses on but I picked it up, thinking it was some weird part to a blind (Glenn is always doing blind repairs so has lots of strange looking parts in that office) - it wasn't - and you'll never believe what it was!! It was Glenn's wedding band! Now that might not sound too strange to you but you must know that Glenn's ring has been lost for probably 10 to 12 years!!!!!!

Glenn took his wedding band off when he started doing a lot of mechanic work out of the garage at our old house - he was always afraid of catching it on something and tearing his finger off! He placed it in a wooden, manly looking jewelry box that used to sit on our headboard in our bedroom. I remember him looking through this box many years ago and telling me his wedding ring was NOT in there and did I know where it was? Of course I didn't - we really believed someone that was in the house stole it as we were missing not only the ring but some money at that time.

But the even stranger thing is that the JUG HAS BEEN EMPTIED SINCE HE LOST THE RING! Glenn always said the money was to be saved for vacation and one year, again several years ago, we were really short of money when it was time to vacation so I emptied the jug and took all the change into our local bank in exchange for paper money!

So where did the ring come from??? We haven't a clue -all we know is that it is back on Glenn's finger (well, partially on - his knuckle seems to have grown a little bit!) and he is overjoyed at wearing his wedding band once again! Some things are just better left unknown...............

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Gosh that is such a weird story... it makes you wonder!!

Teri said...

woo eee wooo eee! Did we just forget something or did something really strange happen? WOW. Of course I am always finding things in strange places since I seem to have lost all short term memory when it comes to putting things away.