Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl 2009

No, I didn't watch the game! In fact, I didn't even see the commercials this year but that's OK - I heard none of them were fantastic and I can watch them on the computer if I choose to!

We had 2 couples over so the women opted to relax in the hot tub for a LONG, LONG time - it felt wonderful since on Saturday, Glenn and I worked on the construction/wood pile (he used the chain saw for about 3 1/2 hours and I hauled the pieces and stacked them under the deck for 3 1/2 hours - I was hurting BAD by Sat. night!!)

And the rest of the time was spent in the kitchen, snacking on food! One of my favorite pasttimes! Since my last blog was my cooking rut one, I thought I better let you know how my "new" food items turned out!

Saturday night we had company for dinner too so I tried a NEW recipe, pulled out of my accordian file folder - it was just an appetizer but hey, that's a start! I made stuffed mushrooms and oh my, they were WONDERFUL!! I fixed a few for Sat. night and the rest for Sunday afternoon - and yes, they were indeed a hit!

I also made a double batch of the "Cereal Bars", recipe courtesy of Jill and they turned out wonderful! Luckily, there are about 4 left in the pan so I can have another one when I get home tonight! Next on the list were 2 of Jessi's recipes, chile and crunchy coleslaw! I made a double batch of the chile and it received rave reviews - plenty left to freeze some for another meal so that makes me happy! And the crunchy coleslaw??? It was divine! I brought some for lunch today and I'm hoping Glenn didn't eat the rest for lunch so I can have some more! All 4 "new" recipes are going into my personal recipe book!

So a lot of time was spent in the kitchen over the weekend but I felt "good" that all the food turned out the way it did! And maybe, just maybe, I'll pull out a new recipe to use for dinner this week!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Glad everything turned out good!! I'm proud! :)

Teri said...

Sounds like great food. Jay made some great food too which we ate with a friend while we watched the game. You didn't miss anything!