Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lost!

Last Wednesday night the choir girls took dinner over to Clara's house - she'd had knee surgery the week before and we had a great time eating and catching up!

Now Clara only lives about 4 miles from my house - that is if you take the back roads - which happens to be a multitude of turns!! The last time I went over there, I printed out the directions and then wrote them backwards for when I went home!

But since I was going to her house from work, of course I had to take a little different route to get there! Fast forward to 8:00 - time to leave and it's still a little bit light out which is great because I can still read my directions!!

I headed out of the driveway and turned right (as per the directions) and the next turn said to turn left - I just KNEW that was wrong so I took a right - WRONG!!!! As soon as I went over a couple of hills and of course turned the way I thought I should, I knew I was going the wrong way. So I tried to backtrack and find Clara's place again - no luck - there was not only a Manchester Dr but a Manchester Ct. and a Manchester St. and by this time, I was hopelessly LOST!!!

Of course I have no sense of direction anyway so I just kept driving - I came out on a blacktopped road so figured it would eventually take me SOMEWHERE!!! After driving and driving, I still had no idea what road I was on so thought I better call Glenn - so I grabbed the cell phone and then a panic attack - I could not for the life of me remember our home phone!! And no, it's not programmed into my cell phone (you can bet it is now!!).

But as I drove a little further, I came to a T and sure enough there was a sign to the Florissant Fossil Beds - I then knew where I was at!! My 5 minute trip home turned into a 1/2 hour trip home - not fun - just plain scary when you're lost!!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Oh my - I laughed out loud when you said you forgot your home phone #!! Glad you found your way home!

ahh bear said...

That is scary! I have no sense of direction either which is why I usually have my GPS in the car - it's a must! I've forgotten my phone # too - next time you could call one of your kids and they could give you that # or they could look up your cross streets on google maps!

Teri said...

Glad you found your way home - you are way too much out in the country to get lost! And I have been called many times from my family asking them to look up where they are and how to get where they are going!