Thursday, May 12, 2011

Not Again?????

It happened ONCE again - hackers got into my email account!!

Believe it or not we actually had cell phone service where we were camping (out in the middle of nowhere if you recall!) Jill called to tell me that 2 strange emails came from my account - the email about being overseas and getting mugged and needing money............. So I had her get into my account and immediately change my password so no more emails COULD go out!!

When I got back home, I checked my emails and didn't think much about it till Monday morning when I went to work - I have about 10 daily emails that come through during the week and not a ONE of them were there - grrrrrrr!!! So thought I better email Robby so he could check that out for me - and that's when I discovered all of my contact email addresses were gone - the hacker had deleted every single one of them!!

I called Robby and left him a message - and later that afternoon he did retrieve my lost emails and got the account back to normal! But of course he was unable to find my contact list - gone forever in cyberland!!

Luckily, I had not deleted sent mail for a long time and was able to find most of the email addresses and type them back into my contact list - a long procedure!!

Robby also told me that I needed a very strong password so this wouldn't happen again - one with characters in it - and that's exactly what I did!! My password should now be extremely secure - even if it does take me longer to type in each time!!

Thanks AGAIN Robby for your help - and I'm crossing my fingers that this is the LAST time this will EVER happen!!

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Sigh. Do people really have nothing better to do? Sorry you lost all your contacts - that's no good :(