Monday, June 20, 2011

Becky's 40TH Year Class Reunion!

40 years ago I graduated from high school - 40 years!!! In reality, if you would ask me I would say probably 25 to 30 years ago because that's what it feels like!! But it's not - it's 40 and that just seems impossible to me!!

There are a lot of classmates that are still in the area which makes it nice for the planning!! So a big thank you to Sandy, Sharon and Judy for planning the get together!!

Cocktail hour was at 5:00 and we were meeting at the Moorhead Community Building - I actually had butterflies in my stomach when we walked over to the building - dumb I know!! But as soon as I saw some of my friends, my face broke out in a smile and I didn't stop smiling all evening!!

All in all, it was ONE great time!! Was there a good turn out?? NO - out of the 40 graduates, we've lost 4 already and 14 showed up for the reunion! This picture is of the girls (minus one who came later) as we were talking outside!!


Here's a picture of all of us - 11 girls - 3 guys!!


And here's a close up of the 3 guys who came!



We all had a ball - talking and laughing and just catching up with each other!! Our catered meal was great although I don't think I even tasted it as I was too busy talking!!


Sandy read a poem she had written for the occasion and we played an OLD cassette tape from our last spring concert! Ah, memories..................



I was glad I made the effort to fly in for the reunion - who knows how many may not be with us the next time we get together!! Thanks for a great time everyone!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Hard to believe it has been 40 years - you don't look it!

ahh bear said...

It's awesome that you had that reunion! (but kind of a bummer thinking of who may not be with you at the next one!!)

DrKeppy said...

How fun!! I must say mom -you are the YOUNGEST looking one there!! :)