Monday, June 13, 2011

Ft Collins Bound!

After completing ANOTHER online continuing education course after work on Friday, my eyes were blurry from being at the computer TOO long!!

It was time to head to Ft. Collins for a weekend with Robby and Jill and the kids!! Luckily, the traffic wasn't bad at all driving up there - but getting out of the car with our bags and into the house without getting bitten by the hordes of mosquitoes in Ft. Collins was something else!! Yes, they got me - right on the arm!! Of course Jill has learned that in the evenings and in the mornings, you don't go outside unless absolutely necessary and THEN you need to be armed with a LOT of Deet!!!

Oh my, has Parker grown!! He's one little chunk!! And he's all smiles!!


Saturday morning Jill had to work till noon so Glenn and I took Aleah in the stroller and walked around the neighborhood which was having their community wide garage sale!! Aleah LOVED being strolled and hardly made a peep the entire time, even though we were gone for almost 2 hours and it got pretty hot out!!

As usual, Glenn found items to buy and without even enough cash on us, he had to drive back later to pay the people and pick up the items!! At least we got our exercise for the day!!


Jill and I had a nice afternoon preparing for the next days' baptism and playing with the kids! She fixed some great lime cilantro chicken burritos for dinner and also we pigged out on the best watermelon I've had yet this summer!!


The guys decided to go OUT to a movie since Jill and I were watching a chick flick!! They couldn't decide between the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie or Super X and ended up going to the latter - said it was OK but not fantastic like the reviews said!! Jill and I, on the other hand, saw a great DVD - Life As We Know It - highly recommended!!


I'll leave you with a darling picture of Parker - and continue with his baptism tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

They are growing up soooo fast! What a fun weekend!

ahh bear said...

I never knew that about mosquitoes there! All I know is that they LOVE me and even if no one else gets a bite, I'll always have a lot!

DrKeppy said...

Hooray you got a picture of Aleah smiling!! Am still wishing WE would've watched the good movie LOL!