Monday, September 12, 2011

Denver/September

Friday late afternoon is NEVER a good time to be on the interstate heading to Denver! But of course I was..............

Actually traffic wasn't too bad so I made fairly decent time and before long I was knocking on Jaime's door with 2 grand kids hugging me as hard as they could - that always makes my day!!

It felt good to sleep in - when Glenn isn't with me, Rayna always has me sleep on her trundle bed beside her and it's really quite comfortable!! Jaime woke me about 7:30 - I actually slept that long?????? WOW!!!

Jaime headed to work and the kids and I headed to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science!! The Smith's have an annual pass so we all got in free!! It was pretty empty for a while, seeing as how we were there right when it opened!! That made it nice!!

The kids love this place, as do I and I think we hit almost every exhibit there was!!! Rayna's favorite was the "science experiments"!! All 3 of us donned white lab coats, gloves, and goggles and did 3 different experiments!! They were pretty lengthy ones and I give Kylan credit for being so patient when he really didn't understand what was going on!! Check out these 2 future scientists!!





I think my favorite part is the wildlife - lots of deer, bear, elk, small animals, and such, all in their natural settings - it's really done well and I love walking around all the rooms!!!



We had a nice lunch together and then walked around even more!!! By 2:30, I was one tired lady so we decided to head home - of course I got lost!!! I despise driving in downtown Denver and the traffic was heavy!!! Right about the time I was ready to call Jessi for help, she called me and directed me to the right street - whew!!!!


Blizzards were in order FIRST before we got home!! Yum Yum!!!


Jessi invited us over for dinner so we headed over there late afternoon - Gary's mom and step dad were also there so I got to visit a little bit with them while we ate some yummy fajitas!! But the best part of the meal was the angel food cake with blueberries and whip cream - oh my..........


Jaime finally arrived after work and she ate before we headed back to her place!! Her and I made a quick trip to Kohl's but didn't find a thing!! I was actually looking for another swimsuit since it was end of the season but of course waited too long to get one!! (once again!!) But Jaime said I could borrow hers for our trip next month so that was perfect!


Sunday I put the kids in the car and we headed to Caribou Coffee since I hadn't gotten any on Saturday!! Then it was off to Jamba Juice and since we all had drinks, we walked around Southlands which is an outdoor mall - they play some mighty fine music too and the flowers are still gorgeous!!

Kylan was having fun stepping on his shadow!!



Let's see, I think next on the list was the play park but I forgot my camera!! Then it was sidewalk chalk and bubbles so I certainly had my share of the sun on Sunday!!





Jessi and the kids came over for about an hour before I had to head out! We had LOTS to discuss - like the upcoming Pumpkin Patch, Thanksgiving and even Christmas - it will all be here before we know it!!


And then I came home to a quiet, empty house - kind of nice!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So nice you got to spend the whole weekend with them - what more could you want!

DrKeppy said...

You are such an awesome Nana! :) Wish we could've spent more time with you but glad we did get to see you!

ahh bear said...

I want to go to the museum and eat blizzards!!!