Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just Catching Up.......

Today is September 1st - my FAVORITE month of the entire year!!! I welcomed it with a big smile and lots of dizziness today - darn! Just when I thought I was getting better, I did a huge backslide and that sure doesn't make me happy!! I have made an appointment with an ENT dr next Wednesday to double check the ER's diagnosis of labyrinthitis.

On the bright side, I'm extremely excited because we're going camping this weekend for 4 days! I have Friday and Monday off so we're heading out early tomorrow morning for one of our favorite spots, over by Sargent's where Glenn will be hunting later next week! I probably won't be able to ride the ATV and I'm sad about that but who knows - maybe all that jostling on the back end will take care of the dizziness!! One can only try I guess! I'm packing LOTS of books (probably to the tune of 2 a day) just in case I am unable to ride and might have to spend my time at the campsite - which is OK too - I'm just glad we're getting away as I've missed 2 camping trips due to this dizziness problem!

Our weather has definitely changed - much cooler mornings now - and what's with this darkness when I get up???? I'm not ready for fall yet but the leaves are starting to turn just a little bit!

This morning when we walked outside, there was a doe and her twin fawns standing close by, happily munching on some grass. The fawns were just as cute as can be! And no further activity from the bear!! I still would like to get some better pictures of him but I'm sure not sending him an invitation to our house!

One of my old "choir" friends has West Nile disease - bummer!! We caught up on the phone last night and compared stories and decided that we have both "lost" a month or more of our lives by basically being ill and not being able to do the things we want to do!! I'm determined that I will be better soon, however, hers could last up to a year - I pray it doesn't!

Have a great Labor Day Weekend!!

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

have a great weekend and i hope you don't end up reading 8 books!

Teri said...

Enjoy your time. Sounds so lovely to get away and relax. Our September rolled in with extremely high humidity and 90 degrees! Not fall at all!