Friday, September 9, 2011

The Weekly Update!

I didn't expect to wake up to 29 degree weather! I even had sandals laid out to wear with my jeans today - needless to say, they were replaced with SHOES and SOCKS!!

As I peeked out on the deck, I noticed the bird feeder was gone - darn it - I forgot to bring it in the house for the night! So I stepped out on the deck to look over the edge and almost fell flat!! In addition to the cold weather was a heavy, heavy dew so yes, the entire deck was a sheet of ice! Of course my car was sitting outside (as Glenn had to back up to the garage to load up for hunting) which meant I even had to dig out the ice scraper and scrape!! (note - it wasn't too far away - actually still was under the seat!)

Anyway, getting back to the bird feeder, I went down to the lower level and sure enough, there's the feeder lying on the ground with the plastic inside where you put the bird seed, completely broken and smashed - yup, the bear had been there! He even had tipped over the trash can sitting there by the wood but he didn't find anything to eat there as it only has wood scraps in it!! I guess I should have been thankful at that point though because Glenn's truck was sitting out back after loading the stuff from the house, and he had LOTS of food in the truck!! And I know what bears can do to vehicles if they smell food inside!

Also when I went out on the front deck to load the car this morning, I noticed that the bear must have rubbed against a few of Glenn's tomato plants as there were little green tomatoes all over the deck!! I wonder if the bear ate any and if he did, I hope he has a tummy ache!!

Glenn left to hunt early this morning (4:00 am) and will be gone for a week! He's doing archery this year with his friend Bob from Nevada and Glenn also has a bear tag! He'll be carrying a pistol this year in case he encounters a bear or a mountain lion!

I also have an update on my inner ear infection!! I did go to an ENT doctor on Wednesday where a complete hearing test was done (I don't think I've EVER had one done since grade school) and a very thorough examination - the Dr. concurred that the ER Dr. was correct in his diagnosis - labyrinthitis! Since I was well on my way to recovery anyway, he only suggested to use hydrogen peroxide in both ears nightly for the next week and gave me a series of exercises to speed up the motion intolerance. He did say the motion intolerance could last up to 3 months but I'm doing very well with that and expect to make a full recovery very soon!!

I'm headed to Denver after work today to babysit Rayna and Kylan while Jaime works this weekend and Brad hunts! Maybe a little shopping? Maybe some Caribou Coffee? No maybe about it - coffee is a given!! I'll let you know on the shopping............

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

Wow! A bear nearby would FREAK me out!! Have a great weekend. :)

Teri said...

Hope the weekend was great! Good luck with the bear.