Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hiking Camelback Mountain

The 3 friends I went to Phoenix with are all hikers!  So it was decided to hike this small mountain which I didn't think would be any problem since the TOP of the mountain was 2700 ft elevation and I live at 9500 ft!!!  But I wasn't quite prepared for the rockiness of it and the high stepping involved!!
 
Amy's daughter lives in Phoenix and Marilyn's daughter in law lives in Flagstaff so both of them joined us!  It was cloudy and overcast which made it a perfect day for hiking!!

Check out the view!!  Although Karen and I didn't go to the very top, we still had some awesome views!!  Check down further for more pics of hiking - darn Blogger - what am I going to do with them when they can't download my pictures properly!!!!


The hike was fun and we relaxed again in the hot tub when we got back - took some nice pictures before Amy left to spend the night with her daughter and then the 3 of us hung out awhile, watched a few Super Bowl commercials and then had the shuttle take us to our evening meal destination - Mexican food at The Tepee!!

It was by far the best meal we all had on the trip and probably some of the best Mexican I have ever tasted!!  The margaritas were excellent and the food was even better!!!



Marilyn said goodbye Sunday night as her flight left quite early on Monday!!  And after packing up and having another wonderful breakfast, Karen's sister came to fetch her for the day and my friend Jo came to get me!!

I haven't seen Jo in probably 3 years, although we do phone each other once in a while!!  We stopped and had coffee in their home town of Gilbert and then headed to her house!!  They have an orange tree AND a lemon tree in their backyard, full of fruit!!  I was impressed!!

Jo and I hardly stopped to take a breath in the 5 hours we were together - it was SO GOOD to see her and visit - but the time was just TOO short so we must plan on getting together again soon!!

And by late afternoon it was time to take the shuttle to the airport to catch our flight home - no drama this time - and we landed in Denver to quite a little colder weather than where we had been!!!  By the way, did I mention the cost of this flight???  $44.00 round trip - you just can't beat that!! 

Thanks Karen, Marilyn and Amy for a wonderful time - I love the decision we made to do a trip every 2 years so let the planning begin!!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun and I love the price of the ticket:)