Sunday, February 10, 2013

Suite Retreat 2013

Hard to imagine it's been a year since I blogged about the last Suite Retreat!!  But the time had come again to head to Co. Springs with all 3 girls to scrapbook the weekend away!  To prepare myself for all that sitting, I decided to have a massage before heading over - since my massage gal has now moved to the Springs, I booked an appt with her and it was fun to see her new location!

The highlights of Suite Retreat:

1)  The girls having the entire room all set up so when I arrived after my massage, all I had to do was to unload and unpack my things!

2)  Jessi and I running out to get a GOOD cup of coffee and after consulting her IPhone for the place, discovering it wasn't there any more!! (so we settled for Starbucks - as you know, not my favorite!)

3)  Drinking Woo Woo's at Happy Hour with guacamole and chips and the next night laughing our heads off as the girls tried Dirty Shirley's and poor substitutes for Sex on the Beach - I had wine!

4)  Eating catered Texas Roadhouse (with LOTS of yummy rolls) and Q'doba!!

5)  Texting and phoning the guys - and in between playing scrabble on our IPhones.

6)  Jill getting super excited about switching to "digital" scrapbooking and me using up ALL the pictures I had brought to scrapbook 4 vacations!

7)  Coordinating:  Gary working, Glenn and Brad going to a meeting in Denver, getting Rayna to a basketball game as she was filling in, a sitter for Kylan, sitters for Evan and Kenzie and Gary's folks coming in unexpectedly!!!

8)  Heating up food in a microwave that smelled like burnt popcorn!!!

All in all, one great weekend and lots of pages scrapped!!!

Glenn spent Saturday night in Denver and then headed to Co. Springs early Sunday to watch Rayna play in her tournament - I headed over as soon as I checked out of Embassy Suites and got to see her play 4 games!!!  She's one awesome player!!!


1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun for you! So if you now have an iphone we can text! Let me know! Do you play Words?