Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Comfort At Its Best

After 30 some years of sleeping in a water bed, we made the decision (or should I should I made the decision) that it was time to get rid of the water bed and buy a regular bed!!
 
So the end of January we picked out a new one at Denver Mattress and then I ordered all new bedding from Overstock.com!!!  I had a hard time deciding what I wanted since the bedroom is done in an African theme but I LOVE what I ordered!! 
 
It was fun getting new flannel sheets, an electric blanket, mattress pad and then the comforter with matching bed skirt, shams and pillows!!
 
Because of our busy schedule, we just didn't have time to drain the water bed and get the new bed set up but once we arrived home from vacation, the process began!!  And it was ONE huge process to drain that bed in the middle of winter and then try to get that mattress down the steps as there is no way to get ALL of the water out!!  But Glenn and I managed and after disassembling the frame and cleaning, the new bed was set up!!
 
 I cleaned the bedroom GOOD since it was a great time to do that and finally it was time to make the bed with the new linens!!!  Everything fit fine and it was exciting sleeping in it for the first night!

Goodbye water bed - you served us well but it was definitely time to move on!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Love the new look - hope you sleep well on it!

DrKeppy said...

I still can't believe you have a BED now!!! I hope your sleep is fantastic!