Monday, February 18, 2013

Resort Relaxation

  
The 5:30am wake up call sure came early and LOUD - especially when the front desk makes a mistake and calls you at 5:00am and then again at 5:30am!!  So much for sleeping in............
 
Glenn and the guys headed out for a day of deep sea fishing - the girls hung out at the resort!!
 
Patty and I enjoyed a great breakfast together, took a long walk on the beach and then had coffee and pastries at the Royal Beach Club!!
 

And this is where we spent the next couple of hours - lounging in the sun with books in hand and drinking a mango smoothie - yum!!!!!

At lunch that day, we split an order of "fruit sticks" (fresh fruit cut up in long pieces and served with a dip and also a small cup of red spices)  I looked at those spices and told Patty that I thought it was the spice I had tasted in Akumal last fall when I had the fantastic mango margarita with the red spice around the rim!!!  Sure enough, I asked the waiter and it was!!!!  You can bet that was on the agenda for the evening!!!

Everyone enjoyed a relaxing afternoon and before we knew it the guys were back from fishing!!  Leonard was the only one to catch a fish but they all had fun and that's what counts!!!

We had dinner reservations at an extremely nice restaurant that night so we all dressed up and took a few pictures!!


The restaurant and bar is set on a hillside with glass  windows 1/2 way around the place - gorgeous!!  I enjoyed my mango margarita with the red spice on the rim and everyone else seemed to think it was great too!!! 

From 6:30 to 9:30 we ate - course after course - drink after drink!!!!  Here's a pic of Glenn's appetizer, a tuna dish!

And this was my entree, shrimp diablo which was delicious!


Thanks again Blogger for moving my pics around - one never knows where a pic is going to show up!!!

And last was dessert - the best of all!!!  I had chocolate lava cake with fresh berries and the coldest, tartest sorbet I've ever tasted - pair that with a great cup of Mexican decaff coffee and I was set!!

No partying for us after that meal - we headed to our rooms and it was LIGHTS OUT!!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds so nice! We have wind and ice and snow today so enjoy!

Jill said...

Food looks amazing! Read a good book for me!