Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rayna's Birthday

Denver bound again..........Our weekends just never seem to be dull as there's always something going on - and I've told everybody that NOTHING is going on next weekend - however, I failed to look at the calendar and when I did, I realized it's our anniversary!!!  And it falls on a Saturday night -  whoo hoo!!!  So we MUST celebrate!!
 
Anyway, Glenn was running late from an install so we were later getting out of W. Pk - traffic was horrible - but we eventually made it to Jaime's for the night!!
 
Glenn and Brad headed out early for an all day meeting while Jaime and I slept in a little bit and then headed to Caribou for coffee - the tough part about going mid-morning though is NOT being able to get a table to sit at - so it was back to the car to drink our coffee and somehow, that just isn't the same...........
 
And before we knew it, it was time to head to The Trails where Rayna was having her 11th birthday party - yes, our oldest granddaughter turned 11!!!  She invited her class for a swimming party and I was pretty impressed with the place!!!  Soon 17 kids were out in the pool doing the lazy river, slides and just having a great time!!!
 
I had to leave for a while and take Kylan to another birthday party which was at Monkey Business - Jaime gave me detailed instructions and I made it there just fine, but did take a wrong turn as I headed back to Rayna's party - did I remember that right beside the steering wheel was the GPS map that showed me exactly where I was going???  Of course not!!!

Back to the party and soon all the dripping wet kids came in for ice cream and presents!!!  I remembered then why I never wanted to be a teacher!!

Rayna's party was great and she really enjoyed it!!!  Back to pick up Kylan and then to the house to collapse for a while  before Jessi's headed over!!!  I had gifts for Evan too as all of his weren't in the last time we were in Denver - he was one happy kid!!!

Don't you just love it when kids have hair hanging in their eyes (or should I say nose) and it doesn't bother them???

Thanks Blogger for posting the pictures wrong again - will you EVER get them right????

The boys seemed to be REALLY intrigued with Jaime's phone - so much that they wouldn't even watch Rayna open her gifts!!!

Glenn was so tired after his all day meeting that we opted to stay another night and then drive home in the morning.............at least there was time to get the laundry done and visit a friend who had surgery on Friday before it was time to put the weekend to bed!!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

You are always doing something! But how fun to spend it with grandkids on their birthdays!