Wednesday, May 1, 2013

No More Squinting!

I've wanted a pair of prescription sunglasses for a long time - progressive lenses - polarized - a cute style................but I just didn't want to pay the price for them!!

Along came a Groupon - $69.00 - so I bought it!!

And I FINALLY made the appointment to go as it involved a comprehensive eye exam and I knew that would take some time!!  I had the eye exam with the latest machine to test for glaucoma and I passed it with flying colors!!  My eyes had only changed a tiny bit from my current prescription so that was good!!

I picked out some frames (they're definitely not cheap) and then she added up the bill - for progressive lenses, new frames and polarization, the total was $297.00 (plus the $69.00 that I had already paid for the Groupon).  I got a complete printout of all the regular charges and without the Groupon, the bill would have been $614.00 - so I must say it WAS a great deal!!

My glasses came in last week so I raced down to get them and although I'm still getting used to them, I do LOVE them!!!  It just feels so strange to be able to see WELL out of them since I was used to just wearing regular sunglasses and not being able to see very good!!

I think they'll be a great asset when I'm riding the ATV and YES, they'll be kept in a case when I'm not wearing them - they're TOO pricey to just lay around!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I would've preferred to see YOU modeling them!! :) Hooray for prescription glasses - it will be nice to see right?! :)

Teri said...

I bet you will really enjoy them.