Monday, February 24, 2014

Almost Time To Say Good-Bye

It's happening way too fast - my best friend Joleen will be moving to Kansas at the end of this week................She's been waiting a long time for her house to sell so she can move by her daughter and grandkids - I can't blame her a bit as she makes that journey to KS. about every 6 weeks to see them and it's a 7 hour drive one way!!  I'm excited that she FINALLY gets to be by her grand kids and be involved in all they do but I'm sad to think that she will be gone............

Joleen and I really became close friends when our daughters (Jessi and Becca) started clogging together!  They clogged a lot locally at events and then it was the big trip to Salt Lake City for clogging camp and before we knew it, they were clogging at Disneyland - what a trip that was!!

And that was the starting point of a lasting and wonderful friendship!!

Joleen is a nurse and also is very active in the local Farmers Market as she loves to garden so all of her friends joined her for a going away party on Saturday - check out the brunch we enjoyed!


We attempted a group picture and I guess it didn't turn out too bad!!

I saved my gift till the end and she was overjoyed with it - I did a photo book of all of our memories together!!  Usually I can put together these books in a couple of hours but because older pictures were involved, it took a whole lot longer!!  I did go digital in 2005 so the pictures after that were easy since they were on the computer - but anything before that I had to dig out of photo albums and scrapbooks, take pictures of the pictures with my camera and then download them to the computer - it was quite the task but I knew it would be appreciated!!  We laughed and laughed at many of the old pictures when we looked SO YOUNG!!!

It was a great get together and one that Joleen will never forget!!

Although we'll be 7 hours away from each other after this weekend, I know we'll still see each other often - it's easy in this age of technology to stay in touch and after talking to each other almost daily for the last few years, I can't see that changing too darn much!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

It's hard to have best friends move away but like you say, technology makes it easy to stay in touch.