Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cold Characters!

WELCOME!  WELCOME!  It's the annual ice sculptures display in Cripple Creek with the theme this year being "characters".  We met up with friends Jan and Jan and headed over late Sunday morning to see the displays!!

I took this picture for Kenzie and Aleah - it's Alice In Wonderland!

It was fun seeing the guys carve and make these magnificent statues out of ice!!


Batman anyone?

And at the end of the street is a slide made out of ice for the kids!!  All of the grand kids would have loved this!  Maybe a bit cold though!

As we walked towards the vendors, this cute frog was reminding all of us that St. Patrick's Day isn't that far away!  He sure would look cute on my deck!

After I posted this pic I realized Glenn's eyes were closed - oh well, he probably slept through the meal anyway................We ate at Baja Billy's and had some great Mexican food!

What a great way to spend a Sunday!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What fun! Reminds me of winter carnival at Michigan Tech in the UP.

DrKeppy said...

Wow - how fun! It reminds me of when you visited us in MN!! The kids thought they were very cool looking at the pics!