Friday, February 21, 2014

You Want WHAT?

So a guy walks into our showroom a couple of days ago (no this isn't a joke although it sounds like one) and I asked him if I could help him - he replied that he was looking for granite dust and wondered if we had any!!  My first thought was to burst out laughing - my second thought was to hand him a dust rag and tell him to go for it!!  But being the nice person that I am, I merely said, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????"


He wasn't kidding - he told me he had been all over Colorado Springs and couldn't find any.  I assured him we had PLENTY of granite dust but that it was mixed with water - and he was absolutely elated!!  I took him to the shop and showed him the concrete culvert along one side of the wall where the water and all the granite dust goes - he reached down to the bottom and brought up some of the "sludge" and said it was perfect - could he run home and get a 5 gallon bucket!!


I told him I was more than happy to give him all he wanted BUT he had to tell me what he wanted it for.  The guy explained in a very technical way (which I only understood a little bit of) that he wanted it for his soil that he gardens with - the granite dust helps hold the fungi in the soil and makes for great potting soil for vegetables. (which I wouldn't know anything about)


He returned with a 5 gallon bucket - scooped out what he needed - and was happy as a clam when he left, assuring me he would return in the fall with a bucket of veggies for us!! 


Darn, I was still hoping he was going to dust the showroom..................

1 comment:

Teri said...

What an interesting conversation! Did you give him your address as you won't be there in the fall?