Sunday, June 22, 2014

5 Days.....................

until Mountain Aspen Granite is no longer ours - 5 more days of working - one more Monday to work - I really can't fathom that after years and years of working, that I won't have to set the alarm for 5:40 and begin my morning routine - it's unbelievable in some respects and yet it's something you work towards your entire life.  I have a feeling I'll muddle through lots of different emotions this next week as we begin the downward spiral of turning our business over to somebody else!

But let's back up a minute since I haven't blogged for a while!

I snapped this picture a week or so ago as the full moon was inching up over Pikes Peak - it was so beautiful I almost forgot to snap the picture as I was so busy watching it rise!

 The Farmers Market has begun!!  Yes, I stopped in the first day to get my hanging baskets!  But there was also a bake sale so I got the guys cookies and brownies and for the new buyers and Glenn and I - nothing but the best - a peach pie - yum yum!!

 Once again we were supposed to go to Jessi's to install her counter top but guess what, her cabinets didn't arrive..............Friday night found us having those great yummy hamburgers at Russ's with friends and then out to our house for dessert!  I actually made a "scratch" dessert on Thursday night - pistachio or as we know it, My Green Heaven - it WAS good!!

Saturday we headed to CS as Glenn had a blind appt. for an entire house and plans were to go to a show but the times just didn't work out great so we had a nice lunch and then headed back up the pass!  Sunday we decided to head over by Tarryall to scout out campsites for our annual camping trip with all the kids and grand kids!  I packed a picnic lunch and it was a wonderful drive over there!  The best part was that we found some great large campsites for us and it won't be as far for everyone to drive this year!

 We barely got our picnic eaten when the skies got pretty dark and pretty soon the hail came down HARD!! 
Luckily it was the soft kind and we soon drove out of it!  It was a "perfect" weekend weather wise but we're  hoping for rain the first of the week!

5 days...............

2 comments:

Teri said...

Can't believe your retirement is almost here - so happy for you.

Jill said...

Retirement...here you come! Can't wait to check out the new campsite!