Thursday, November 13, 2014

Hot Sulpher Springs/AKA Snow, Snow and MORE Snow

I'm writing this from a cozy rustic motel room in Hot Sulpher Springs - no, it's not hot here - and yes the snow has been falling most of the time since we arrived Tuesday about noon!

And why are we here?  Glenn hasn't got an elk yet so he purchased a late season rifle tag and invited me to come along.  He actually suggested we take the 5th wheel - even though it's been winterized and covered for the winter AND the new truck has been downgraded to comprehensive only for the winter months.  I declined and said the only way I would go with him was if we rented a motel room with a kitchenette AND he would take me to the hot springs - AGREED!!!  So I booked a room for 3 nights..................and the snow started Tuesday afternoon and has barely stopped............

But I'm enjoying each and every minute of our little mini vacation!!  I've spent countless hours on the computer creating posters and books of the grand kids' pictures for their Christmas presents, have read 2 books, and texted and called friends and family.  We even watched Survivor last night on TV!

Our place is 2 rooms - a bedroom with a tv and a front room which houses the kitchen, table and chairs and a couch which is where I'm usually at!!  Nothing fancy - but a great place where Glenn can cook his breakfast at 4:30am (and thank heavens there is a door to the bedroom to drown out his kitchen prep noise) and pack his lunch and then the kitchen is mine until he comes back!

So far no elk - but then again since it has snowed most of the time, the elk aren't up and running around - it is super cold here too!!  Glenn hasn't walked a lot but spent most of his time in the car driving around!  And I'm really questioning why we had to drag the ATV behind us????

We ate out the first night - not in this small town as there's NO place that is open for dinner in the evenings - but in the next town and had a good meal - last night I had brought a chicken dish to warm up - and now we are about to head out to an even smaller town that is having their GRAND OPENING!!  It's a bar and grill but supposed to have great hamburgers so we'll see...............

Today I decided I had to get out of the room for a little while so bundled up good and went for a walk - about froze to death - I had gloves and boots but forgot a hat!!  I walked to the hot springs to check it out and was really excited to go tonight but again, it's snowing and the thought of shedding that robe and sitting in the hot springs with the snow falling is just not quite what I had in mind!!  Yes, it sounds very romantic and IT IS - but the reality is that the air temp is SO COLD and the snow is WET when it hits you and we're getting old - ha ha!!!

But my walk was enjoyable and it was neat looking at the not quite yet frozen water going under some of the ice jams.

After I checked out the hot springs and started my journey back to the motel, I couldn't help but smile at this sign - I'm sure everyone that leaves this place IS totally relaxed!!!


1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds great! Which one are you at? I would love to sit and relax and watch the snow.