Thursday, April 23, 2015

A Special Time With Kylan

A couple months ago, Jaime asked if I would babysit Kylan for 4 days while her and Brad flew with Rayna to Minneapolis for a volleyball competition!  And before I knew it, the time had come to head to Denver!!

After a wonderful massage, I headed to Denver to get all the details the night before they flew out!  Also to practice ONCE more on Aspen, their dog - he has diabetes and has to have a shot twice a day - YIKES - I didn't feel I was very good at giving him shots but I did do all right the next few days!!

The kids got off early Thursday morning and I took Kylan to school and then headed back to the house to do a few things before Jessi called - and when she called, I headed over to her house to help her organize the basement!  Organizing is my speciality and before long, we had the basement done!!

I picked Kylan up from school and we had a great evening together - he LOVES fresh fruit so I had made a point to get groceries that morning with plenty of his favorites!!

 We woke up to a mountain of heavy wet snow to the tune of almost 6".  Jaime's poor lilac bushes were flattened so I went out and shook snow off of them so the branches wouldn't break off.  But this is what they looked like first!!

 I didn't think to go shake their aspen trees and noticed later that day when most of the snow had melted that one tree had 3 broken branches - Darn!!

Jessi had invited me to come to her office for an "official" chiropractic treatment in the office and lunch - of course we did lunch first and it was great!!!

 We had just pulled back into her office parking lot when my cell phone rang - I didn't recognize the number but did answer it and it was the school wondering why I wasn't there to pick up Kylan.  He had been waiting for 15 minutes and they finally sent him to after school child care!!!  Apparently Jaime missed the memo that school was only 1/2 day on Friday!!  YIKES!!!  So I had to fore go my treatment and head back to the school to get him picked up!

Saturday Evan and Kenzie came over for the morning - we had fun playing games!!

 Later that afternoon the Keppy's and Kylan and I went to a church sponsored event on sponsoring a child in another country - it was very interesting and informative and the kids got a lot out of it too!!

Sunday Jessi and I FINALLY got to go out for coffee!!  And then it was on to sorting baby things to get ready for the baby's arrival in a month!! 

Kylan had a free personal pan pizza coupon from a reading program so we got pizzas to go and had an early dinner that evening.  And then it was time to drop Kylan off at Jessi's so I could head back home!!  It was a great 4 days but I was sure glad to head back to the mountains!


1 comment:

Teri said...

How nice you were able to be with him! Sounds like you kept him occupied.