Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Kansas Bound

Salina, Ks. here I come!!  My best friend Joleen moved to Salina last Nov. and it was time for me to visit her!!

I headed out early Sunday morning for the 7 hour (plus stops) drive to Ks., armed with snacks, water and CD's to play!!  I hadn't forgotten how windy Ks. was (from a couple of camping trips) but I was really hoping  I wouldn't have to drive in the wind!  But KS hasn't changed and the wind was horrible driving across the plains!

But I persevered and by mid-afternoon reached Joleen's house - it was so fun to see the house she is renting as now I can picture it in my mind when I talk to her on the phone!


 After a house tour and unpacking, we considered going for a walk at the park BUT decided to head to a Mexican restaurant where during March Madness they were serving $1.00 margaritas and 8 cent bowls of queso cheese dip - yup, you read that right - 8 cents a bowl!  We each consumed a couple of bowls apiece with chips and our total bill was $2.87!!!  WHAT FUN!!

We did end up taking a walk in the park after our Happy Hour, ate dinner about 8:30 that night and watched a fun movie together!!  What a great start to my stay!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun and the drinks look great!