Sunday, August 2, 2015

Wine Tasting Fun

Joleen arrived from Ks. on Wednesday - I sure miss that gal but am lucky that she drives back to Colorado about every 6 weeks!  And this time is was birthday celebration fun!

I had given Joleen a gift certificate for wine tasting down in Manitou Springs so we headed down on Thursday.

 The certificate gave each of us 6 tastings along with a glass of our favorite and a cheese tray!

 My favorite was the special that day - a sweet peach/apricot that was delicious!  But we also loved the "smoothie" machine that was turning and yes, there was wine in it!!  I tried both - the strawberry/mango and the peach - they were both delicious!!

 It was a great afternoon!  That evening we met Jane and headed over to Cripple Creek to see the current play, Into The Woods.

This play is based on the movie from last year which I hadn't seen - and I'm glad I didn't!  The play was not to my liking at all - yes, the actors and actresses did a great job but the story line didn't impress me!  Both Joleen and I were ready to leave at intermission if that tells you anything!

Guess I'll stick with the melodramas from now on!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds like a fun time with your friends. I saw that movie (on a plane I believe so I didn't pay for it) and was not overly impressed - a little strange!