Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Mission Trip - DAY EIGHT - Homeward Bound!!

You gotta love these 2:45am wake up calls..........and then sitting around waiting and waiting............  But the suitcases all had to be loaded on top of the buses and that takes time!!

We finally headed to the airport - I found a place to buy Glenn a ball cap that said Nicaragua - but the coffee line was TOO long so had to wait till Houston for that!

Rayna was super tired - and chose to nap a little before we got on the plane!

Houston looked the same as it did when we were there a week ago - I was impressed by the new customs computers - you lay your passport flat and then stand in a certain position while the computer takes your picture.  Then a receipt comes out and if there's a big X on it, you go to the long line which takes a while - if there's no X then you go to the short line!  I didn't have an X so got through customs immediately  but Jaime had to go through the long line!

Coffee and lunch were on the agenda at Houston and before long, we were headed back to Denver!  Always a great feeling to get home!!

Antonio's family makes pottery so he gave Jaime, Rayna and I this beautiful vase!  Jaime will house it at her home but I took pictures to share! 

 My souvenirs from Nicaragua - always a bookmark and a Christmas ornament (this time there are 3 because that's how the place sold them) and also a neat necklace made out of seeds.

My name tag and a bookmark we were given the last night - what an awesome journey this trip was!!  One I'll never forget and hopefully one I can go on again in the future!!


2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds fantastic!

Jill said...

So fun to read how your days went!