Thursday, May 5, 2016

Lower Level Progress

While I was gone to Lake Havasu, Glenn worked on texturing and painting the guest bedroom, along with laying the carpet!  It was exciting to come home to that! 

I was expecting to put a daybed in the guest bedroom along with the queen bed but that didn't happen - there just wasn't room - so I did a little play area for the kids and I know they'll love that!

 And while I was in Savannah, Glenn textured and painted the bathroom (except for the corners which I did when I got home) my chosen color of light gray!  I loved decorating the bathroom with what I had purchased and I think it really came out nice!  The canvas pictures I ordered arrived today so they'll get hung soon!


 Next on the list was painting the large family room - I was thrilled when Glenn told me he decided to spray the paint on - saved me hours and hours as I'm not a fast painter!

And finally it was time to put down the floor - which meant I spent a long time scraping texture and paint off the floor so it would be nice and smooth for the vinyl planks!  Poor Glenn spent many, many  hours on his knees putting the floor down but it turned out beautiful!!

Now that the snow is pretty much gone, Glenn has to concentrate on the outside once again - he has to finish putting the rock around the bottom of the house in front and on the chimney, along with the smokestack on the roof.  He also bought wooden shingles which he is putting on the back side of the house and it's looking great!  And he also is going to rebuild the front deck as he just put a temporary one up to pass inspection.  The weather has been great the last couple of days so he can work on the rocks in the morning when the sun is hitting there and do the shingles in the afternoon when the sun moves to the back of the house!

A fishing trip to Kansas is in the works soon so we're kicking everything in high gear and REALLY looking forward to using the 5th wheel for the first time in 2 years!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

it is just lovely - bet you are loving it!

Jill said...

Can't wait to see the progress!