Monday, June 13, 2016

A "Keppy" Weekend

I was excited to hear that Gary didn't get mandated to work on Friday, his day off, which meant the family could head down from Denver that morning!  Jessi had the day off as they originally had plans to head to western Colorado for the weekend but that didn't work out!

It has been quite a while since they have gotten to spend 2 nights and 2 days with us - between Gary and Jessi's work, it just doesn't always work out!

So they arrived mid-morning with a full carload of kids and suitcases AND HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS!!!  We popped them in the oven and ate them warm - oh gosh they are good - Jessi makes the best rolls ever!!

It was a nice and relaxing weekend - the kids found plenty to do and we even took a short walk with Gwyn in the backpack!

 The kids rode their bikes but decided it's just too hilly to make much progress!  They loved playing on the rocks!



 Jessi even got in a quick nap on Friday while the kids and I had a tea party on the deck!  As you can see by the towels hanging on the deck railing, they used the hot tub too!

 Friday evening we started playing Rummikub - I had forgotten how much I loved that game so we not only played it Friday night but Saturday night too!! 

Jessi and Gary were excited to get in the hot tub Friday night after all the kids were in bed - I had turned it up and after they were out there for a while, I heard Jessi yelling at me - so went out and discovered it had not heated at all and was at a balmy 96 degrees which is what I keep it at when the kids get in!!

I tried and tried to turn it up and it just wouldn't heat - then figured out it was on systems lock which means it locked at the prior settings!!  The  press button computer panel is not user friendly at all so Jessi and I decided we would work on it Saturday!

The guys and Kenzie headed out Saturday morning to go rock hounding!  Jessi and I were so excited to sit on the front deck with our special coffee and just relax!!  I did take a picture but guess what - had my thumb in the wrong spot..............

We made a list of what we needed to accomplish while the guys were gone and by golly, we got through it!!  Since Jessi was here, she changed my profile picture on Facebook and put a picture of Glenn on Facebook and changed his cover picture!!  I just don't use it enough to remember how to do it all!  But the item that I will appreciate the most is the hot tub settings!!

Jessi read the manual and we wrote it all out in MY language and in simple terms - then she made me practice how to go through it all and I passed the test!!  Hopefully it won't get put in systems lock any more but at least I know what to look for and how to correct it!!

The guys came home tired and a little sunburned but they had fun!!  Mango daiquiris were on the menu for happy hour that day!!

Gwyn loved being outside!



 We had lovely weather most of the weekend with some rain to cool things off! 

Since the kids showered after being in the hot tub, Jessi decided to give Gwyn a bath in our large kitchen sink - she loved it of course!!  (and this picture makes me realize how much I want Glenn to install the backsplash!!)
The Keppys headed out first thing Sunday morning as everyone had plans - what a great weekend!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Best weekend ever! Thanks for spoiling us!!

Teri said...

That looked like so much fun!!!