Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Oh No - I Can't Be Sick!!

But I was................The Friday night after we got back from vacation I started coughing - figured it was just being back in the dry air after being in the humidity for 11 days!  I sure didn't want it to be anything because Jill's were coming down for the weekend but it was not to be.  By Saturday morning I had a full fledged head cold and the darn thing has lasted more than a week!  I shouldn't complain because I haven't had a cold for about a year and a half - guess I was way over due!

So as miserable as I was, I still enjoyed having the kids down and they found plenty to do without me entertaining them!  They were so excited to go out and play on the new playset but it ended up being really cold on Saturday and even drizzled a little bit so it was not a great day to be outside!  They always love getting in the hot tub though!

I fixed their usual snack of fruit and marshmallows that they use a toothpick to eat with!


 Robby kept really busy with the list I had for him!!  First he had to program both tv's to the new remotes we had bought - now with a push of the button, the TV, satellite and sound system come on - oh my gosh it is nice!!!  He also backed up the computers for me and installed a new switch as we just didn't have enough plugs on our router!  Lastly he worked on my small computer that I take when we travel as it still had Windows 7 on it - 24 hours later it finally had the new update!!!  Yes, our internet service is mighty slow at times!!

Jill and I enjoyed the hot tub and a movie downstairs on Saturday night while the guys watched football upstairs!  And before they left late Sunday morning, I gave Aleah a mini lesson on my keyboard - she has shown an interest in taking piano lessons and Jill wanted me to practice with her just a little.  I showed her a few things which she immediately picked up and she did seem very interested in learning how to play!  I would love it if one of our grand children would learn to play the piano!!  So Jill is going to check into lessons and I told her that after Christmas, Aleah could borrow my keyboard to practice!

And now it's a week later as I'm writing this and today (Sunday) is the first day I've felt decent!!  I better be well - we're going camping so Glenn can hunt this week (yes, I said CAMPING).  But more on that in the next blog!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

We had a great time! Wish you felt better but you sure hung in there for us!

Teri said...

No fun being sick - but hopefully that is it for the year! Enjoy the 'camping'!!!

DrKeppy said...

Glad you enjoyed your time with the Savages! Darn on being sick!