Saturday, January 14, 2017

It's All About The Fishing

I told Glenn he better pack a lunch to take out on the ice - and he informed me he would want to take a break and would come back in - yea right, this is GLENN fishing - the DIE HARD!!

While he crawled out of bed at 6:00am, I slept in.................did a few stretches - straightened up the cabin - cooked some bacon and scrambled eggs - and then made coffee and sat down with the book I was reading!!

I had a wonderful time reading - but not so much fun on the computer.  I had a couple of projects I wanted to do but the internet was sketchy - I would just get on for a couple of minutes and then it would go down!  It was fine checking mail and working with a few pictures but it sure wouldn't stay on long enough to start a Snapfish book!!

It was cold out and pretty windy - I really thought Glenn would come in but he didn't.  So after my lunch I walked over to the office (across a highly icy parking lot) and checked out 3 movies to watch - I did work on my Swedish weaving project while I watched TV!

Glenn came in late afternoon with a smile on his face!!  He said he'd had so much fun catching perch and had caught a lot, but only kept about 10!

 They tasted mighty good that night when Glenn cooked them up!

We had a nice relaxing evening although Glenn went to bed pretty early while I watched a movie!

The next morning Glenn packed a lunch to take out!  He did get pretty hungry the day before!  I spent the day relaxing again with my books, movies and weaving - and walked over to the office to get more movies!  The furnace wasn't working in the cabin so the property guy came over and got it taken care of!  It was almost a blizzard outside in the morning as it was snowing and blowing like crazy - I couldn't imagine being out on the lake in that!

Glenn came back late afternoon again with a smile on his face!!  (yes, the picture is upside down!)

 Do you have any idea how long it takes to clean about 30 perch?  A LONG time!  We had only brought stuff to make one evening meal at the cabin so we walked over to the restaurant/bar again for dinner - I had been thinking about dinner all day and knew what I was going to order along with a piece of homemade pie.  And guess what?  The restaurant was closed!!  We walked into the bar and asked and the bartender said it was closed for the evening...............darn..............was there any place else in town to eat?  No!  OK - guess we would have to settle for bar food - so we asked the bartender what the choices were and he said pepperoni pizza - that's it!  OK - guess we're having pizza for dinner - a frozen pizza at that!!

But it was good although very small - the owner of the property was there and bought us a drink so it was a cheap meal that night!

Thursday Glenn said he would fish in the morning and be back by 11:30 to load up since check out was at 12 - and in 3 hours he caught these:

He didn't have time to clean them so just packed them in snow - we loaded the truck, checked out and headed back home!  I had packed lunch for the trip and we stopped in Pueblo at DQ for blizzards!

The drive home was SO MUCH nicer than the drive down!  And all the semi roll-overs were gone!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Glad you had a great time and that the fishing was successful! He did great!

Teri said...

Sounds so nice to just hole up in a cabin and relax! What fun for you!