Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Moving Up In the World of Electronics!

We're heading to Mexico soon - and there's always that dilemma for me as to how many books to take to read!  This time will be a little different since we're heading to the Baja for 3 weeks!  So after talking to some friends who are meeting us down there for a few days, they suggested of course to get a "reader".

Now my two sisters have already told me quite a while ago that I needed to get one -  but I just love the feel of a book and wasn't sure I would like it!  Also, I thought it would cost a lot to buy the Amazon books, even though I know they have freebies.  But my friend assured me that I could download a couple of apps and then get books from the local library!  REALLY?????

So when I was in Denver last weekend, Jessi and I checked it all out - first checking out the local library and then checking out the different readers.  I couldn't believe all the books that were available to download from the library - but of course I knew I had to get a library card as the one I had was 20 years old AT LEAST!

After I got home, I tried to use the old card and of course that didn't work - library cards have to be renewed every 5 years!  Yesterday when we went to town, this is what I got!!

 WOW - never thought I would get so excited about a library card!!  The guy helping me at the library answered quite a few of my questions about e-books and gave me a sheet to explain how to set it all up!

And today in the mail came my new Kindle Voyage!!  Excitement once again!!  I plugged it in to get it charged up and followed the instructions to get it started!  I chose this one mainly because it had more lighting than the regular one and at my age, I need all the light I can get! (check out the recommendations for me at the bottom - ha ha!!)

I was super excited to find out as soon as I got it set up that it offers "Goodreads" if you want it!  That is the app I have on my phone that has all the books I have read listed and ranked!  I wasn't expecting that so am really happy!  Now we'll see how far I get downloading the app you need to have for the library - I have the instructions but knowing me, will probably have to call Robby for help!

I'm sure Glenn will be happy to know I don't have to lug along 15 books to read on vacation!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm still in shock you actually got one! Fun for you!

Teri said...

Yay for you! They are great for vacation so you don't have to take along real books. I do love books but this is a great option. Enjoy!

DrKeppy said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how you like it!