Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Aleah and Kenzie's Summer Trip To The Mountains

Can it already be time to have the "girls" and the "boys" down to Nana's and Papa's?  YES!! 

We had to get it on the calendar as the summer always seems way too short and the girls were up first this year!  I wanted to see Parker play in one of his soccer games so headed up to Ft. Collins on a Friday late morning and STILL the traffic was awful............3 hours and 40 minutes later I finally made it to Jill's house!

I enjoyed watching Parker play on Saturday morning!


By noon, Aleah and I were headed to Denver to meet Jessi who was delivering Kenzie to me!  Traffic delays AGAIN but we finally connected and the two girls and I headed west!

Our first stop was at Jaime and Brad's place as the girls were excited to see it!  Rayna and Kylan showed the girls the house in amongst all the boxes!!


Then it was off to the ice cream place - can you tell the girls are hot?

 We picked up pizza for dinner as I sure didn't want to start cooking when I got home!  Later on the girls had Papa's popcorn while they watched some TV before bedtime!

 Sunday morning was bright and sunny!  They both requested their initials for their pancakes! I'm not sure why Aleah's turned out so big and Kenzie's so small???  But I wasn't cooking - Papa was!

 The girls couldn't wait to get in the hot tub that morning and since the sun doesn't get around to it till after lunch, it's the perfect time to get in without getting sunburned!  After they got out, it was Hat Hot Chocolate time!  I thought the girls would have fun trying on some of our hats so they each tried on them all and I had fun snapping pictures!!




And it was also fun reminiscing where all of these hats came from!!!

To be cont'd.........................

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a fun time for you and them! And I can't believe all the hats you have!

Jill said...

Aleah says, "The pancakes were really good and I also loved the juice!" The hot chocolate was really fun!