Friday, June 16, 2017

Our SPECIAL Outing

I'm so glad I live in the mountains where it's a lot cooler than down in the Springs!  After parking and walking a little ways, we figured out it was HOT out and the girls couldn't wait to get to our destination - Olde Tyme Photography!!

 I knew the girls would have fun dressing up in long gowns with all the trimmings and having their picture taken!  They looked through a book first and decided what type of dress they wanted and then the gal suggested they pretend they were having tea for the picture which was perfect!!


 The girls were SO CUTE!!  I wish I could have taken a picture after they got their petticoats and hats and gloves and earrings on but it wasn't allowed!!

The photographer told the girls that in the "olden" days, nobody smiled and everyone was quite solemn.  So that's the picture that each one of them chose to take home!

 But of course I LOVE smiles and chose one for myself that shows their personality!

 It was a fun time for the girls and after driving back up to Woodland Park, the girls got smoothies and I got a frappe and we headed to the playpark for a while!

 The girls did the hot tub again that evening and even packed their bags so they would have more time to play the next morning!!

All too soon, Tuesday morning came and we had to take our final pictures before we headed to Co. Springs to meet Jessi!


 Don't you just love how they have their "American Girl" dolls set in the seat for the ride down the pass!

 We met Jessi, Evan and Gwyn at Caribou Coffee - the kids got smoothies (again!!) and Jessi and I had our wonderful turtle mochas - even at a bargain price of 2 for $5 since I had signed up for the perks reward the night before!!  As usual, Gwyn was excited to see me and it was sure hard to say goodbye to all of them!

But the Keppy's are headed down again this weekend to take kids to LVR Camp so I'll get to see them soon!

What a great 3 days with Aleah and Kenzie - always fun!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Aleah says, "I loved going to my surprise! It was really surprising and fun!"

Teri said...

It looked like so much fun!