Wednesday, June 7, 2017

First ATV Ride Of The Season

I've been chomping at the bit to go ATVing and after our 3 day trip was cancelled due to the concrete pouring, I was hoping we could get away for just a couple of hours somewhere local!

So Tuesday mid-morning after getting the wire cut and the boards all set for the next pour, we headed over to the burn area for a couple hours ride!  It felt so good to be on the back of that ATV and out in nature!

 It's still sad to see all of the dead trees where the Hayman Fire went through! 

 Everything is turning green - FINALLY - and it was a great ride!!  EXCEPT for the fact every time I had to brace myself (which is the easiest to do with your legs), my knees hurt!  I've been having trouble with them for a couple of months now and I sure hope it's just a passing thing and nothing serious! 

We stopped for a quick lunch at a high point and immediately the wind kicked up and we could see all the darkening clouds!  Time to head to the truck - fast!!


 We got to the truck in plenty of time but soon hit rain and hail!!  And I mean LOTS of hail!!  This is the back road into our subdivision!  I love the contrast between the road and the green trees!

 And this is what it looked like at the house!  You can imagine what it did to Glenn's garden!

 A great first ride and now looking forward to the next!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a fun ride but what hail!

Jill said...

I hope Glenn's garden comes back okay...what a bummer!