Monday, July 31, 2017

A Blast From The Past

Our oldest granddaughter, Rayna, loves the Beatles!!  She also loves to play albums - you know, the old fashioned round records!!  She's had a stereo (not sure if that is what you call it these days) for a couple of years now and has collected a few albums to play!

Anyway, my sister Patty also loves the Beatles (as do I of course) and after talking with her a few months ago, she said she STILL had our old Beatles albums from when we were growing up - she had no idea if they would still play as they have been moved several times and usually end up in a hot attic!  AND she wondered if Rayna would be interested in having them since Patty no longer has a stereo to play them on and none of her grand kids were interested in them - I said ABSOLUTELY!!

So when we were back the end of June, Patty gave them to me - I couldn't believe she still had those 8 albums that we grew up with!!  What memories!!  Luckily Jill and Robby were in Iowa at the same time and had driven so I gave them to her to take back to Colorado since we had flown!

Patty and I were both excited for the day that I would give them to Rayna - and she was SO happy to get them - her look was priceless when I handed them to her!!  I explained to Rayna that these were the original albums that Patty and I had grown up with and how our mom and dad had given us the first Beatles album for Valentine's Day in 1964!!

 Rayna brought her stereo down and we started playing those old albums - they played just great!!  And I couldn't believe all the songs that I hadn't heard in years and years!!

We called Patty that evening so Rayna could tell her thank you - I also videotaped her getting the albums and sent that to Patty also - what an awesome evening!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

That is so cool! I wish I could have seen her face when you gave them to her!