Sunday, October 22, 2017

We're Goin' To The Zoo, Zoo, Zoo

I LOVE the Cheyenne Mtn. Zoo!!  So when Jessi told me they were on fall break and would be going on Wednesday and would I like to join them, the answer was a definite YES!!!

Was the weather good?  Absolutely - it was perfect - some cloud cover so it wasn't hot and of course during the middle of the week, the visitors were few!  We had brought a picnic lunch so headed first to the picnic tables to enjoy it!


We couldn't believe all the animals that were out that day!!  Many times when you go you don't get to see all of the animals as they're inside or hidden - but they were ALL out!  Loved seeing the mountain lions!  And we loved seeing the big bear sitting in the water right in front of us!!  What a treat!


It's tradition to take a picture in the chair!


Relaxing at a neat place over by the elephant compound!


The bird pavilion is always fun - Gwyn got right into the action feeding the birds!



Family picture time!


I love this picture - it looks like this giraffe is having a conversation with Evan!


And the PICTURE OF THE DAY!  I had taken off my sunglasses so I could somewhat get them in focus but I can't see much then so I just snapped and this was the result - hilarious!!


We enjoyed some ice cream while the kids played on the playground and all in all in was one great day!!


Thanks for inviting me Keppys!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a fun time! Looks like a great zoo.

DrKeppy said...

We had such a fun time at the zoo with you!!! We have a great track record of good zoo days!