Thursday, October 5, 2017

A Bronx Tale

Our ferry tour was also included on the Hop On Hop Off ticket so we found the place to get on and got some awesome seats looking out at Manhattan and New Jersey from the water.

We've all decided that these buildings look like Lego's!!  The people that work on the upper 1/2 of these buildings sure have some awesome views of the water!


And if I'm recalling correctly that's the Empire State Building - but all the facts and figures seem to fade from my brain after I return home!

We saw lots of bridges from the ferry and I believe this one is the Brooklyn Bridge.

The ferry took us over to the Statue of Liberty and it was fun to get pictures from a distance.  When you're on the island, you're too close to get the full effect!

Still wearing our long sleeved tops as the ferry ride was windy and cool!

After our ferry tour we raced home to change clothes - we honestly thought we'd have time to relax but decided to head on back and see how much time we had.  Luckily the bus ride was super fast coming back so we walked close to where the show was playing and found this Irish Pub which was PERFECT for our leisurely dinner!  We FINALLY felt super relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed our meal!

I can't remember the name of the drink I ordered but it was great - but I do remember I ordered Shepherd's Pie and it was delicious!!



And then it was time to head into the theater to see A Bronx Tale!  We were all excited to see it and the musical was EXCELLENT!!!!  Loved Loved Loved it!!!  And I would see it again in a heartbeat!

The theater was very nice and after that lovely meal, we were thristy of course so had to shell out $5.00 for a bottle of water!!  But it sure tasted good! 

We talked about going out for dessert afterward but opted to just head back to the apartment and eat chocolate covered blueberries that I had brought!  And would we get to sleep in the next day?  Absolutely not!  Another jam packed day was ahead of us!

1 comment:

Teri said...

The building is the new Tower 1. But I know how confusing they all are. What a fun remembrance - can't believe we were actually there!