Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Outdoor Activities With The Boys

I figured I would have to get the boys up on Monday morning as we had to leave by 8:15 but they were up shortly after I got up!  This is what happens when I turn on the TV.


Because there hadn't been a chance for me to take Evan and Kylan on their birthday excursion, it needed to be done during boys weekend.  So I headed out to Cave of the Winds with the 2 older boys and Glenn took Parker fishing.

Luckily I had gotten tickets online for the first tour of the day so it wasn't busy at all - only 8 in our group!


Both boys loved the tour - informative and fun walking through the different rooms!


I also had told them they could do the ropes course - but looking online found if we went early, I could get a discount pass for the boys to do 5 different things - SCORE!!!  They were thrilled!  First up was the ropes course and all I can say is that they really enjoyed it and I would not!!



Next was the climbing wall - how cool is that to see right through it!!


And they they did Geronimo's Leap!!  Here again, just the thought of climbing up these tall green spokes was intimidating!!



They also got to ride the BatOPull - which is basically a zip line across the canyon!  Because they did that first and there was no line, they did it 3 times in a row!!  See, it pays to get up early!!

And lastly, they went into a virtual realty theatre for 3 shows - I chose to just sit outside and wait for them and was glad I did as they said all 3 times were roller coasters!!

Parker had a fun time fishing with Papa and of course caught fish!!


We all met at Subway for lunch!

And then we were off to the pool!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You know how to keep those boys busy!

Teri said...

What a fun time. My grandkids are the same with the tv. I took them to a small ropes course while they were here and Pierce loved it and Lauren was too scared to try it. I did 2 little walks :)