Thursday, September 27, 2018

2018 Fall Trip

I absolutely LOVE our annual fall trips that we take - and although Lake City is my all time favorite, we do switch it up every now and then and that's what we decided to do this year!  One of the items on my bucket list for Colorado is seeing the Crystal Mill - it's on every Colorado calendar that has beautiful scenes and I told Glenn that this year I wanted to see it!  So we planned our trip around that and I booked a cabin over at Almont where we have stayed several times!

It was a beautiful drive heading towards Gunnison as the leaves over in that area were getting close to being peak and I always love driving over Monarch Pass!  Glenn had found a trail over by Crested Butte and we drove there first to ride it as we couldn't check into our cabin yet!

The views and trees were gorgeous!!


Are we lost?  No, just checking on the trail!


So we're riding along and I see 4 black cows off in the valley ahead of us - and as we got closer I said to Glenn that they didn't really look like cows?????  And he said, nope - they're MOOSE!!!!  I was so excited I could hardly stand it!!!  And there were actually 4 of them but because I had to zoom in so far, I couldn't get the one in the picture!!  WOW - how amazing was this to see!!!  I had a smile on my face the rest of the day!


There were lots of orange trees this year and gosh they were pretty against that blue sky!!


Most of this trail ran along a beautiful creek with lots of little waterfalls!


We are always looking for a new place to stay in a cabin and we saw a sign for a place to stay with separate cabins so pulled in there so I could get a brochure!  Walked up to the office to talk with someone and we talked a minute before he told us no ATV's were allowed - we told him we could trailer our ATV off the property if we stayed here next year and he informed us that NO TRAILERS were allowed on the property either - REALLY????  Guess we won't be staying there!!

One of my favorite pictures I snapped before we headed back to check in at our cabin!


We always enjoy staying at Almont - I had brought snacks and drinks so we enjoyed them on our deck before we went out to eat!  We thought we had 2 choices of places to eat, one at each resort in this tiny town but found out one kitchen was closed down due to a fire.............we ate at the resort we were at!  I thought it was good but Glenn wasn't impressed!  It was fun to sit outside though as the weather was beautiful!


After a great nights' sleep we were ready for Day 2 of our trip!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Such gorgeous pictures!

Teri said...

Can't believe the colors - how cool you get to see it every year!