Thursday, January 17, 2019

A Belated Birthday Gift

It's always a little sad to put the Christmas decorations away for another year - but on the other hand, it's nice to have the house back to "normal" state once again!!  I FINALLY finished all of the Hallmark Christmas movies I had taped and am already looking forward to next years' movies!

I just realized this is my first official blog I've written about the new year - 2019!  And I guess I better write down what we did for New Years' Eve or I'll forget because it's easily forgotten!!  We did absolutely NOTHING!  Watched some tv and were in bed by 10:30!  Since it was snowing outside, I had no desire to stay up and try to see the fireworks off of Pikes Peak as I knew I wouldn't be able to see them with all the cloud cover!

So January hasn't been real busy which you can tell since I haven't blogged!!  Glenn is faithfully going to PT once a week and doing his exercises!  I help Jaime about once a week as she tries to get more boxes unpacked from the shop!  Men are still working at their house so it's really hard to clean up after them and try to maintain a household when there is still work to finish!  SOMEDAY it will all get done!

My friend Joleen came out for a weekend and we enjoyed having coffee with another friend in Florissant and catching up with all the news!

Finally to my belated birthday gift!!  When we built the house, we decided to not have the cabinet builder do the slide outs on the pantry and one cupboard because it was so expensive to do and Glenn said he could do them later...........all women know about later.........so not this last birthday but my birthday before THAT, when Glenn asked me what I wanted I told him I just wanted the slide outs done in the kitchen!!!!!  It is so hard to see in the back of the pantry shelves - sometimes I just get a flashlight to look back in there!!

After I had reminded Glenn that I REALLY wanted them done, he ordered the slides from Amazon and started working on them!!!  WOW - I am so impressed!!


He finished one last week before we took our little trip (next blog) and today he finished another shelf!  Now that he has the hang of it, it won't take long at all for him to finish the rest!!  He's doing the pantry shelves (except for the high shelf) and one of my cabinets that we use for snacks!!  The kids will be thrilled to pull out the drawer to get to the fruit snacks which are always in the back!!

Last week we had beautiful snow - to the tune of about 10 inches!!  It was gorgeous out and I loved just relaxing in the recliner and watching it snow while I read!!  Here's a photo taken off the back deck by the hot tub!!


And next up - ice fishing in New Mexico!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Love those sliders - how nice! And your snow is so pretty. not much here yet but they say this weekend.

Jill said...

Those shelf's are a long time coming! Glad you are finally getting them!

DrKeppy said...

I love snowy days!