Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A New Look

After I took down the Christmas decorations and put up the "usual" things, I decided I needed to change the items that are displayed on the top of my cabinets!  I'd been using a few baskets for years and I was so tired of them..............

Jaime had asked me to go to Colorado Springs with her to look for a buffet type cabinet to hold her wine glasses and china and I told her I'd love to go pick something out with her as long as we could stop at Hobby Lobby just so I could get some ideas!!

We stopped for coffee to go in town and then headed to Hobby Lobby first as it opened the earliest.  It was snowing like crazy out and we had decided the night before that if it was snowing, we wouldn't go - but here we were headed down the pass!

We had a ball at Hobby Lobby - found SO many things I liked so just decided to start arranging them together on the floor - so we would grab an item and try it and then put it back and try another.  I think we were there for at least an hour and a half arranging items!  But we finally got it to my liking (and then of course had to do the greenery!) and checked out!  I was excited to set it up!

Jaime did find a cabinet she liked at American Furniture Warehouse (our go to store) but it wasn't in stock and had to come down from Denver!  After lunch we headed on home and I put together the arrangement!  Of course what we had planned didn't quite work so I had to adjust things!  I've decided I need a couple more tall items to put beside the "gather" sign and then I'll be done!



In other kitchen news, Glenn finished up the slide outs on the pantry today!!  I LOVE it!


And lastly, here's the cute tree I got at IKEA - it's all decorated for Valentine's Day!!


3 comments:

Jill said...

SO cute! You are so good at decorating!

DrKeppy said...

They all look great! You sure have an eye for things! :)

Teri said...

That is so cute - will have to have you decorate my house when you are out here :)