Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Christmas Day

I had brought a blueberry butter braid up to eat Christmas morning - they are SO GOOD and I wish you could buy them in the store because I never buy enough and if no grand child is selling them through their school, I don't get them!!  So I had one left and what better way to enjoy it than on Christmas morning!

It was so fun to watch the opening of the gifts!!  Jill's gave Glenn a jigsaw puzzle (which he has since put together!!) and I received a candle!


Robby was kind of under the weather so relaxed in the easy chair while everyone opened!


These two were ALL smiles ALL morning long!!


Jill received a really comfy blanket to use in the family room!


Both kids had received materials to make slime so Aleah attempted it - not quite what she anticipated on the first try but eventually she got it made!!


I brought up the ingredients to make this recipe I found on Facebook - I can't even remember the name of it but it was with puff pastry, little smokies and brie cheese!!  Kind of a pain to make but it tasted great!!!


Jill had given the kids Racko for Christmas so we had fun playing that - I hadn't played it in years!!


We had a great day just hanging out and playing games!!  Jill fixed a delicious ham dinner and I had brought punch so we all ate and drank well!!  After the kids went to bed, we watched the new Netflix show "Bird Box" with Sandra Bullock - I thought it was great as I like movies like that!!

The next morning Jill, Aleah and I headed out to shop just a little bit - I was completely out of Christmas wrapping paper and I always need tags!!  Even bought myself some Christmas earrings and a light up necklace for next year since it was all 1/2 price!!

Soon it was time to say goodbye and head to Co. Springs where we met Leslie and Nedelle for lunch at Red Lobster!  It was fun to catch up with them and Nedelle had just celebrated her birthday!


What an awesome Christmas!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What fun Christmas celebrations. We will have to catch up soon!

Jill said...

Christmas was so much fun with you guys! Thanks for coming and celebrating with us!